I hereby resolve…



It’s that time of the year again and I'm sitting to think about my game-plan for 2011. Here’s what I’ve thought of…

It's nice to be in touch.
All pics courtesy Google images
1. Make time for family and friends… not the kids and the husband… the extended family… uncles, aunts, friends, cousins, nieces, nephews. I find myself too wrapped up in my immediate self-- my kids, my house, my gym. It’s time to look beyond. During my growing up years my cousins, aunts and uncles and some of my dad’s friends (who were all chachas and chachis not uncles and aunties) were all family to me. The cousins were ‘brothers and sisters’ not ‘cousins’. We wrote letters, exchanged cards and waited desperately for the summer when we’d be together. We have a great family on both sides of the family tree and it would be unfortunate if the kids counted just The Husband and I as family. The mission this year then… get in touch with people who matter and get the kids to know them too.. visits, calls, anecdotes, pictures.. every way I can.


I hope to climb on without hesitation
2. Lose weight. Last year I had resolved to join a gym and I did but I barely lost any weight. This year that’s not going to be enough. I am giving myself a target.. six kgs through the year. It would have been five but it’s tough math to spread it through four quarters.. so six.. which means 1.5 kgs a quarter… doable certainly. I’ll keep the updates coming.

I want those figures! Pun intended totally.

3. Make money. That’s another one from last year. I did manage to get back to some professional writing this year. In 2011, however, rather than the now on now off freelancing, the idea is to get into something more organized. That needs some figuring out and I’m working on it.



4. And finally the one last devil I’ll try to beat this year yet again… procrastination. God help me with this one… call the carpenter NOW, clean the kids’ room NOW, call that friend NOW, chuck the lousy maid NOW.. and that’s just the tip of the iceberg.
This is so me I had to put it on.

Labels: