Monday, February 28, 2011

Yellow is the colour of the day

.. and we’re celebrating because today the kids became yellow belts in Taekwondo. Never had I thought this was going to happen. I had been keen on some kind of guided physical activity for the kids since they’d be five soon. The Taekwondo class was conveniently across the road but the kids refused to go. “Let’s just go and look”, I insisted. We went. We watched. We came back. The kids refused to go.
Now I may not be a Chinese mom , but an Indian mom I sure am. So after a week we went again. We watched. We came back. Nope said the kids.
One more try and I'll give up, I told myself. I let another week go by and we were back. Lo and behold.. the kids agreed. After the first class Naisha’s reaction quite thrilled me, “Mama it wasn't a class at all. We just played.” Since then they’ve gone happily every day. Check out those moves.






Now, a few months later, they have their yellow belts. Naisha came out after her exam showing off her belt and saying, "Sir said we'll get our cerfiticate tomorrow." Cheers. No matter it’s just their first one.. I am celebrating.

9 comments:

  1. Great going - as long as they don't practice the moves on us. Hope the 'cerfiticate' is the first of many!! Both of them looking super cute in their dresses. But pl give us camera pics the next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Snigdha ji.. those ARE camera pics. If you see how much they fool around you'll know how tough it is to click them. Half the pics I took were all blurry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey - just noticed - Hrit has become so much taller than Naisha...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snigs..Yes he has
    Indscribe.. Thanks. Good to see you here:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. me is back after a while.. naisha looks like a china doll, so this dress kind of suits her.. as for hrit..seeing him in those glasses, reminds me of me in school.. thanks for the pics OM and i hope you havent forgotten the biriyani? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back Sugeeth. You should see Naisha kicking and punching.. she just LOOKS like a doll. I remember.. so when are you in Pune?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey I know how it feels to get that yellow belt. I learned karate for 5 years and then quit when swimming took precedence. But I still know some of the moves. Wonder if I am that powerful now though! :(
    congratulations to the bacchas and to you. After all it is the mom's perseverance that makes kids do hazaar hobbies- that was true in my case as well. There was a time when I went to Karate, swimming, sanskrit(sanskar varg) and of course there were scholarship, homi bhabha, drawing exams all the time with school on the side :D

    (too long a comment eh? sorry)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ G.. No problem with long comments.. feels like I'm chatting and that's the best feeling in the world :-). Five years that's quite a bit. I so hope the kis persevre and yes swimming is on the agenda for them this summer if we don't move.

    ReplyDelete

Glad to have you here. It's your turn to share your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails