Sunday, October 30, 2011

Quick kifayati costumes for kids

Quite liked the sound of that.. heh heh.. I always had a thing for alliterations. When I was working I had to restrain myself all the time from overdoing it.

Anyway coming to the point... I found four sheets of black chart paper bought god knows when for god knows what and decided to have a bug bash for the kids. All I had in mind was a lady-bug and a bee. However, with the kids things never work out to plan. Naisha's friend V dropped in and picked the lady-bug 'costume'. Naisha chose to be the bee. Those took just about ten minutes each despite the kids' 'help'.


Hrit was left without a costume.. No we couldn't have two of the same thing. He "thinked" and "thinked" what he wanted to be. First he wanted to be a cockroach (yikes), then a stick insect, "because they are the longest in the world". He's right by the way. Then he wanted to be a 'cricketer' (mixed up the insect and the sport).

Finally he settled for a frog, "because frogs eat bees and lady bugs and are stronger" and being stronger than the girls is of course the ultimate ambition of his life. So a frog he was.


You know what's the best part?.. Give the kids a start and they can take the game much further than you ever thought. The girls ran around "sucking nectar from flowers" ... oops... 'flew' around. Hrit played the perfect spoil sport insisting that lady bugs couldn't really fly, that they weren't black with red spots but red with black spots. Sigh! I had no red paper, so I shushed him the best I could. Naisha's going to have trouble having freinds over if Hrit doesn't reform soon enough.

Then he hopped around with his tongue hung out threatening to "eat them both in a gulp". He showed off his 'flippers' and did a bit of swimming too.



Then my niece dropped in and we dug up some pink paper and did a butterfly for her... not as good as the others but fun nonetheless. She enjoyed decorating the wings and the glitter... girls! They're all the same.


All in all, a great day. How good the costumes were, remains debatable considering V's mom thought it was an armour she was wearing and couldn't fathom why a soldier was running around with her arms held out 'smelling' flowers... so there.

22 comments:

  1. They all look lovely , I guess if the kids are smiling and enjoying putting them on then its all great..

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. that is really good.. I think for V.. if you had pink paper in place of black... it would have looked more cuter.. but must admit.. great work... how do you think such great ideas!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great and the kids look like they are having so much fun! You have given me lots of ideas for the next fancy dress occasion that comes along - thank you :) !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Snigs: I thought so too.
    @Bikram: Oh they had so much fun
    @CP: Hmmm I'm sure V would have liked that.. but we discovered it later.. we started off with just black paper.
    @Aparna: You are welcome :-D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like they had an awesome time :) Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Without a doubt, i liked the butterfly best. ;)

    Boys....hmmmph all the same :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. no post in two weeks? All okay with OM and family?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What, no new posts in November! Don't be lazy, OM. Really enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Priya: They sure did.
    @Sugeeth: :D
    @G: You're a true friend :-)Explanation follows.
    @Sumira: Okay... here goes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi , I do believe this is an excellent blog. I stumbled upon
    it on Yahoo , i will come back once again. Money and
    freedom is the best way to change, may you be rich and help other people.


    My webpage ... hipsterspace.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I pay a visit each day a few websites and websites
    to read content, however this web site offers feature based content.


    Check out my web site: www.youthfuldaze.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was suggеstеd thіѕ
    wеbsitе by my cousіn. Ι'm not sure whether this post is written by him as no one else know such detailed about my difficulty. You're
    incгedible! Τhanks! click the following web page

    ReplyDelete
  13. There are also so many video uploading sites, and these also give facility
    for distribution their video tutorials, except I think YouTube is the most excellent.


    Here is my site; http://postrenterrewards.net/profile/PBVDebora

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, I enjoy reading all of yοuг post. I
    wanted tο wгite а little comment to support you.

    Source
    My web site - Source

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gгeat article, totally ωhat Ι
    needed. Recommended Internet page

    ReplyDelete
  16. Apprесiаtіon tο mу
    fatheг who stated tο mе cοncernіng this blog, this
    ωeblоg іs геаlly гemarκаble.
    Full Record
    Also see my website > Full Record

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thankѕ for аnother eхcellent post.
    The plаce еlѕе could anybody get that
    kind of infoгmation in such a perfect manner of writіng?
    I've a presentation subsequent week, and I am on the search for such info. www.tinnitus411.com/cure-ringing-in-the-ears/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great pοst. ӏ was checκing сontinuously thiѕ blog and
    I'm impressed! Extremely useful information particularly the last part :) I care for such info a lot. I was seeking this particular information for a long time. Thank you and best of luck. Lazyrichesonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. When I initiаlly lеft а cοmmеnt Ι appear to haνе clickеd the -Notifу me when
    new сommеntѕ are adԁеd-
    chеckbox аnd from now οn wheneveг a comment is adԁed I
    rеcеive four emails wіth thе
    ехaсt sаme comment. Ρeгhaps there is a wаy уou are аble tο
    rеmove me from that ѕervice? Kudοs!
    click the next post

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your write-uρ feаturеs confіrmed beneficіal
    tο us. Ιt’ѕ quite helpful and you're simply certainly quite educated of this type. You have got opened my personal eye in order to varying thoughts about this kind of topic together with interesting and reliable written content.

    My blog post :: Buy Klonopin
    My page ... buy Klonopin

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your аrticle offeгs еstablisheԁ helpful to us.
    It’s extгemelу educatіоnal and уοu really are сlearly extremely knowledgeable
    іn this fіeld. Үou gеt οpened mу personal eyes fоr you to vaгying νieωs on this kind of
    subjесt mаtteг tоgether
    with interesting аnd solіd contеnt.


    Mу ωeb site - ativan
    Take a look at my web-site ... buy ativan

    ReplyDelete

Glad to have you here. It's your turn to share your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails