Save my pizza

I need to launch a save my pizza drive because my weight loss programme seems to be slipping away. Just when I became consistent at the gym it decide to go for a face lift. They're making a spa. Who needs a spa for godsake? Give me simple machines any day.

One half of the gym has been broken down and is being reconstructed while we work out in the other half. There's cement everywhere. The changing rooms and wash rooms are not there at all. It's been a week now since the exercise room has been shutdown.. which means no aerobics, no abs, no yoga. More bad news .. no ACs, no fans. With this hot and humid weather, there are days I walk out of the gym only because I'm embarrassingly drenched... oh I sweat like a horse and the exercise just makes it worse.

I made my way so very reluctantly to the gym this Saturday only to find none of the cross trainers or the treadmills functional. Power Cut. Aaaaaarrrrrgh! No cardio then ... how long can one do weights?

However, the worst bit is that the weighing machine has been kept away. Checking my weight every day is my biggest motivator... no matter what the verdict. I HATE not knowing how much I weigh each day. It's been almost a week since I checked and that makes me feel like I'm fighting in the dark. I don't know how hard to exercise. I begged the trainer to please please plug in the machine and he had the nerve to say, "Madam do din mein weight nahin badhta." Really? I could do it in two hours.


Miss you..
I've been trying to figure out my weight on the age-old machine we have at home but it's no use. Here I am counting grams and this battered old thing thinks nothing of missing the mark by a few kgs.

Then there are the construction workers. It's kind of ironical to be struggling to lose weight (piled on through years of over-indulgence) while they're struggling for their daily survival. The women, specially, stare unabashedly, looking puzzled and amused. I bet they're thinking, "Come lift some buckets of cement instead of those silly dumbells." They make me feel self-conscious/guilty... certainly uncomfortable.

The walks are faltering too what with The Husband coming home late. Even though the kids crash by 9 I'm pacing around all dressed up waiting for him to get home so I can go for the walk. By the time he gets home I've lost steam.

That could well be Hrit and Naisha
I can feel that pizza slipping away.

Labels: