Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Slice of life

Something nice...
Hrit read a full story going over each word laboriously and carrying on to the end. Finally when he finished the story he said, "Now you read it mama."
Me: What? The same story again?
Hrit: Yes
Me: Why? You just read it.
Hrit: Because I like the sound of your voice.


Then again...
Hrit got down from the school bus and gave me a huge hug.
Me (quite overcome): Hrit don't stop giving me a hug ever.. even when you grow up, okay?
Hrit (cuddling up): Okay I won't. When you die I'll hug your bones.
Me: :-\

And then this...

Hrit: Mama how do you spell 'don't'?
Me (Reading my book): Work it out yourself.
Hrit: Okay .. (struggles with the phonics, then works it out)
Hrit: How do you spell 'nose'?
Me: N.O.S.E.
Hrit: How do you spell 'anything'?
Me: A.N.Y.T.H.I.N.G.

After a moment he hands me this with a grin....

My mom don't 'mose' anything

Boys!
Devil, isn't he?

8 comments:

  1. Aww! Hrit is cute!
    'Because I like the sound of your voice.' - That is the sweetest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO.. Mose - :p
    thank god he didn't spell knows correctly ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha.. took me a while to get the "mose anything" !!! too cute !

    And the hug dialogue is something I always tell S too :)!! Don't know when i'll start getting answers like this OMG !

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha!!
    so sincere.. n so cute :)precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Smitha: Sometimes they do say the sweetest things
    @MM: Despite the spelling he managed to say what he had to say.
    @Aparna: Isn't it.. I'll miss the hugs when they grow up.
    @ Priya :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. blesss .. likes the voice of his mother .. awesome :) made me smile the hugging of the bones
    kids are so innocent


    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still laughing!!! Devil?? Angel??

    ReplyDelete

Glad to have you here. It's your turn to share your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails