Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Husband and I

17 years .. that’s how far we’ve come – The Husband and I. Two different people.. chalk and cheese, the regimented and the easy going, the talkative and the silent, the compulsive worrier and the positive thinker, the disorganised and the meticulous, the avid fiction reader and the reader of non-fiction, an SRK fan and a fan of The  Exorcist, … yet here we are - together and happy. How has the ‘WE’ lasted, I wonder, sometimes.

Oh well, we’re used to each other. I wouldn’t have him any other way.. ummm… maybe I wouldn’t mind if he’d remember not to leave his wet towel on the bed or would shut the door when he left the house.. and er...r it would be nice if he brought me flowers just sometimes, Oh and those snores.. I wouldn’t miss them.

But then I'm sure he'd like a thousand things different in me too.

I'll just let it go then, and settle down to a few more decades of this chaotic happiness, bonding over post dinner chais and bowls of watermelons.. I with my 'Shopaholic' he with his 'Romancing the Balance Sheet' (Can't get over it that someone actually wrote a book like that. Maybe there are more like The Husband in the world!)

14 comments:

  1. 17 years?? wow!!! Happy Anniversary :)

    And don't tell me that the book name is for real!!!! *shudders*

    ReplyDelete
  2. 17 years!Happy Anniversary OM :)
    Best wishes!!

    And yeah.. someone actually wrote a book by that name? !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW..17 years!! Happy Anniversary!..
    Romancing the balancesheet, eh??? well..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 17 years! Super cool! Happy anniversary! We celebrated 16 in Feb this year! :D
    Why are all husbands and wives like
    chalk and cheese!! Is it some divine plan??!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! 17 years is a long long time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 17 saal khatra jhelliya.....
    You are the ultimate warrior!!!!
    And yeah the difference is what keeps the pair together, makes them want each other and love each other endlessly, though the way to show love might be too different to understand.....
    But you know... That's what life is all about... Explore and Conquer

    ReplyDelete
  7. I all the time used to read piece of writing in news papers but now as I am a user of internet
    therefore from now I am using net for articles,
    thanks to web.

    Here is my blog post ... Discount Oakley Sunglasses

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've made some really good points there. I looked on the web for additional information about the issue and found most people will go along with your views on this website.

    Also visit my web site; Cheap Ray Bans

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Smita - I know.. Made me shudder too.
    Priya, Uma : Thanks.
    Shilpa : That's God's way of ensuring he has plenty of entertainment.
    Aparna : Long it is.. Time moves fast.
    Ajiteja : Lolz...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary!!!! And I thought I was ahead of most people I knew at 13 years ;).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sugeeth: Thank you.
    Aparna: Thanks :-).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Belated wishes for a Happy Anniversary!!

    Wish you plenty more years of togetherness!!!

    Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete

Glad to have you here. It's your turn to share your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails