Wednesday, December 04, 2013

U is for Unperturbed


... by the mess, there she sits.. reading and playing a flute.. playing a flute for godsake. Amazing, isn't it.. how some things just do not register with kids, let alone bother them.. while they can drive the adults completely crazy??

If you're a busy mum like me, here are two pointers that might help..

Get the kids to clean with you rather than on their own.
Break up the whole cleaning exercise into smaller tasks.

I mean look at that room.. it's daunting for an adult let alone a child even if she's messed it herself.
On the days that I'm too tired I simply pull a chair and sit and bark out instructions like a military Sergeant..
1. Pick up the books and put them on the shelf
2. Deflate the float and put it in the cupboard
3. Put away the clothes.
4. The flute goes in the toy basket.
... and so on.

It works.

And if you don't have time for this, simply shut the door to the kids' room and chill. After all there's always tomorrow.

Linking to ABC Wednesday


10 comments:

  1. When my daughter was too young to clean up she wanted to and I made it into a game thinking that it would stick. But later when she was old enough to pick up after herself she no longer wanted to. My baby is an adult and lives in another city so easy for me to say but the shot you posted looks adorable to me, clutter and all. Carver, ABC Wed. Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL :D She is so cool :D
    Aaryan is back home and our living room has this look too. Like you, I make him clean up everything of course the instructions have to be loud and for individual item.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good advice. At this moment my daughter and her 4 children are staying with me to celebrate my 80th birthday. They are just as messy as your daughter. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL - I've survived two daughters and you will survive this! When my younger daughter moved out, it took me days to clean her room!

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG just look at that room, resembles the mess that my little 2 yr old girl leaves behind when she is done sketching, coloring and what not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The last option is the best one I say. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i go into Unperturbed mode too - that helps as well!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you know this child is a librocubicularist My daughter is too!

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sigh!!! I dunno how I will make my brat do the cleaning...right now if we tell him he just says "aap rakh do"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carver.. Cute huh? Not if you find it like this every half hour.

    Shilpa, Leslie, Jairam: you've been there.. That's heartening.

    Wil: Happy Birthday.. Have a great one and don't mind the mess.

    Indrani, Lady in Read: Great advice.

    Roger: Hopped across to google to figure that one out.. That she is..a librocubicularist But what's someone who plays the flute in bed called?

    Smita: he he.. I totally love Arnav's attitude.

    ReplyDelete

Glad to have you here. It's your turn to share your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails