Saturday, January 25, 2014

100 Happy Days - Week 3

Yeah we're in Week - 3. If you've been around you'll know that I'm trying to find one happy thing each day, hundred days in a row as part of my own version of the 100 Happy Days project. I am hoping to take it through the year after the 100 days are through. So far 2014's proved to be a happy year. The New Yeary feel is still with me.

Here are Week 1 and Week 2.

Each day I end up with many many more than the prescribed 'one'. However one happiness that's been eluding me is my weightloss target. I'm hoping putting it down here will inspire me to try harder. Maybe next week it'll be on my list.. I'm short by 500 gms. Think that's easy?? Well last week I was short by a mere 300 gms. So there. This weight thing is tricky as hell. It can swing any way.

For now here's my list for the week..

Happiness is..


The kids 'cooking' their own milk...

Which essentially means pouring, warming and adding sugar and Horlicks. No big deal there. But their pride and their happiness is crazily contagious. "We're all grown up na ma?" said N.



Catching a favourite, much-watched film yet again....

and having the leisure to watch it. Hunger Games..on the telly.


Table for four on Sunday

... and wondering how I can overeat even when the menu's a basic chhole-chawal!!


N cleaning her cupboard on her own...

This one actually deserved a full post considering it was completely on her own initiative. She emptied her cupboard and it was such a scary sight that I offered to help. Here's what she had to say.. "Main mehnat se nahi darti, bas aage badhati hoon."  :-|. (Note to self: Need to do something about this very filmi brand of Hindi the kids are picking up from the telly). But she did clean it up and happily posed for the picture.


Comparing rings with your daughter and losing the contest..

Need I say more??



A latte at CCD 

Love love that heart. 


.. and then a cake n coffee meet with mums and chintus




That's my list. What's made you smile this week? Do do share ... happy people make me happier.

15 comments:

  1. Honestly, Tulika, happy people make me happy. They exist in my real and virtual circles and I am incredibly grateful for that blessing. Reading your posts makes me very happy indeed:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww!! Those were such precious pics!!
    made me smile over my cup of coffee :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pixie. Yeah I enjoyed putting them up.

      Delete
  3. Wow so kids form an important part of happiness cycle right? :-)

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Richa.. Like a friend said 'They are happy, I am happy'. In fact I thought I'd do a separate post on how they made me happy through the week.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful...looks like Miss N is outsmarting you....with the cleaning (independence) and rings (fashion)

    Cool. Stay blessed :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tulika this was such a happy post! Lovely pics and your darling daughter took my heart away with her filmi dialouge :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of them happy moments.May your weeks be filled with more!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KP.. I find myself looking forward to the next week each time.

      Delete
  7. So many happy things to share!! I love the Hunger Games! I have the movie on DVD and my family got me the 3 book set of the series (Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and Mockingjay) for Christmas! I am currently re reading them and am in the middle of Catching Fire and loving it all over again. Here's to more happy days! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read the books first too Kathy..the e version and loved them through and through.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the rings and I love your idea of blogging the 100 days. Once this UBC is done and dusted, I might turn to that. Nice list Tulika and well done N.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on Suzy... Join in. I'll look forward to your list.

      Delete
  10. Working in the kitchen is a big thing for kids, I guess. As soon as I enter the kitchen to do something, AG follows me, he is so crazy about lighting the gas with the lighter these days! :D
    The chole chawal and salads and curd look so tempting. Will make this as dinner tomorrow :)
    Love N's ring!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Glad to have you here. It's your turn to share your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails