Sunday, February 23, 2014

100 Happy Days - Week 7

Over a month ago I took up the 100 Happy Days Challenge  (in a simplified version though) and I cannot believe I'm still here and enjoying it ever more. After last week's slump I'm back in my happy space and so this week's list is overflowing yet again. Picking and choosing from my favourites ..


Here's what made me happy this week



1. Red red strawberries



This year marks the beginning of my affair with strawberries. The first time I had them years ago I remember feeling let down because I expected them to be much sweeter having been exposed to the shake first. But this year the tangy taste, part sweet-part sour, has taken me over completely (I've no clue why). And when I do get an unexpectedly sweet one, it's just a bonus. Sounds like a life-lesson, doesn't it - Accept people with their sweetness and sourness and you come to love them.. that's strawberry philosophy for you!


2. Humming an old favourite

I heard H humming do re mi from his music class at school and that made me dig out my Sound of Music CD. After a long long time I revisited A few of my favourite things. Fun! By the way did you know do re mi has a sa re ga ma version that goes ....Sa se sagar yeh gehra sagar, re se  railgari dauri, ga se gana sab ko sunana...that's as much as I gathered from H.





3. Love notes in funny languages

That's H's special language.




4. Getting to choose from a happy bunch

I picked Malala. It's an amazing book about an amazing girl and her equally amazing family.




5. A lazy Saturday morning

Know what's even better than waking up late? It's that time when you are awake yet don't need to get out of bed. Bliss!




6. Amazing reviews at the kids' Open House

I'm not talking of academics here. Watch out for my next post. For now I'll just say, I felt a very proud mum this Saturday.


7. Face timing ..

It was a first for me though I've been an iPad user for almost a year now. What fun it was catching up with my sister, my dad and a dear friend too.



Come on guys let me hear from you.. what made you happy this week?


***************


Linking up also to Marathon Bloggers for the last day of our week-long Feb challenge ''A story for every picture, a picture for every story" and today's prompt is 'Red'.


24 comments:

  1. Ooh loved the idea of clubbing.. and the strawberries look amazing :). Waiting to hear about that Open House!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... Too little time too many posts in my head!

      Delete
  2. Your happy posts make me happy, you know that? And , that's kind of the point, I guess- sharing the joy and watching it grow.

    Adore H's handwritten note! High-five on Saturday morning laziness! And, Sound of Music: don't get me started. Destroyed that tape (almost) by playing it on infinite loop when I was a kid :D Know the lyrics of all the songs backwards :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are great songs, aren't they. I have an Edelweiss story that needs to be told someday. BTW why aren't you joining me on the Happy Days trip?

      Delete
    2. Sigh, I guess I should start some time soon. Maybe closer to my birthday would be a good time. :)

      Delete
  3. Love that tray in which the strawberries are kept! So chic, so cool! H is super cute. Have read rave reviews about I am Malala. Must check it out! Lazying in bed on a holiday... aah! it's been ages since I did that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey you noticed! That plate is one of my favourites. So you are the jump out of bed variety?

      Delete
    2. I am sucker for such cool things :D
      No, that's not the case. I am forced to jump out of bed, coz the doorbells start ringing from 7 am.... the car cleaner and maids, the dhoban start their day early! :|

      Delete
  4. Lovely! I guess, I've started loving strawberries as much this season...we're getting great stuff these days, actually. I have been happy this week too cuz I got to meet some friends and did some awful lot of reading...so on the whole a fruitful week. Thanks.

    Its always lovely to be here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear about your week. What are you reading?

      Delete
  5. Love strawberries and the song. Your happy things make me happy!! Awesome! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see the 100HAPPYDAYS challenge is going well... I've been posting daily in Facebook but havent compiled it on blogger for atleast 3 weeks now.. damn.
    And i agree... i felt a bit let down when i first ate strawberries too.. I guess I expected it to be as sweet as the ice cream :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved your strawberry philosophy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There might be way too many pictures of feet on here for me to focus. ;)

    BUT, I totally want to read that book about Malala. I know I'll need a LOT of focus, so I have been waiting, but soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love frozen dark chocolate dipped strawberries and its easy to make it as well :)

    PhenoMenon
    http://throodalookingglass.com/2014/02/squirrel1/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your happy moments made me happy. Lovely post, especially the love note. I am Malala is on my to-read list.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those strawberries look delicious!
    And your post made me smile!

    What made me happy this week - the breeze in my face, library books, a hug from K and my mom's voice on the phone :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is lovely, T. It brought many smiles to my face - especially the note! ♥
    Looking forward to getting the last of the strawberries at Mahab early next month - if you left any, that is! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the list. It's awesome, I'm a huge strawberry fan and use my Ipad from time to time, though m not so used to it:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love strawberries and the shake more. I had been to a s.berry farm in Mahableshwar .
    Sound of Music is evergreen.

    ReplyDelete

Glad to have you here. It's your turn to share your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails