Friday, February 21, 2014

Tea time poetry

It's Day 5 at the Marathon Bloggers week long Feb fest, ''A story for every picture, a picture for every story" and today's prompt is 'Tea.'


And so dear all.. coming up for today's prompt is some very cheesy chai poetry :-)).

N learnt to make tea recently and has now been
promoted as my official tea-maker.  You should see
how proud she is, specially since H is the
acknowledged family chef .
Brew it, boil it.. make it any way
no matter how you like it, it'll brighten your day.

Some like it black, some like it green,
Some like it simply with a dash of cream.

Some like it spicy with ginger and cinnamon
tulsi and mint, peppercorns and cardamom.
This one's hot and'll make your eyes all blurry
It does make one wonder is it tea or is it curry?

Orange and vanilla, lemon tea and peach tea
These fruit salad teas are completely beyond me!
Some like in their bouquet, Jasmine and Chamomile
But all of these teas only make me smile.

As for me, the cup that makes my day,
Can be made almost any way.
It may be too weak or it may be too strong,
there are also times when it's isn't even warm.
But it has that flavour, the one I like best
It's the flavour of love that tastes the best.

28 comments:

  1. Awww.. all mushy and lovey-dovey. And why read at my own risk? You are quite the poetess! Sigh, the taste of love is definitely the best...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shailaja, your comments are always heartening.

      Delete
  2. Indeed...the flavor of love does it...and y'know once I have a sip, I can figure out how the tea maker must be feeling while making it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely ode to tea! "Orange and vanilla, lemon tea and peach tea. These fruit salad teas are completely beyond me!"... Same pinch! :) I ♥ Tea Too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I might go as far as lemon tea but that's where it ends.

      Delete
  4. Flavour of love is the best :) Such a sweet poem and a lovely picture of N to go with it, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful verse perfect to a tee

    ReplyDelete
  6. My junior too makes tea . I love my tea hot spiced with ginger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How old is he Kalpana? Yeah me too. I love ginger.. in fact I'm pretty much the curry tea person.

      Delete
  7. Yes, the flavor of love tastes best! Beautiful verse and endearing photo, Tulika!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet poem Tulika...yes the flavor of love is the best! Love the pic <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's cute, Tulika. Makes me wanna grab a hot and super strong tea cup:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go get it Vishal. And thanks for coming over.

      Delete
  10. Haha...love it! I have only become an herbal tea drinker in the past year...I love my mint, choc-mint, choc-mint-vanilla, peach, lemon and ginger...yeah...a lot of herbal ones! Still don't like black tea though! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh.. you're the fruits salad/ dessert tea person. Choco-mint-vanilla.. umm need to try it. I think black tea would be way better than black coffee. Not so bad.

      Delete
  11. Love m early morning tea with a dash of honey and lemon. As for other times like it plain not too light nor too strong with just a wee bit of sugar and 3/4 milk. Should be warm.

    Loved the post Tulika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah honey-lemon is a great combination. Sometimes my FIL makes it with jaggerry too.

      Delete
  12. A sweet poem, Tulika. Indeed, the taste of love is what makes us smile!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't know which I like better, the poetry or your click ;) !! And must discuss with you how old the kids were when they started making tea.. this sounds like a plan to implement at my place as well :).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooohh I read it like rap, Tulika, this one is wonderful!!!
    One of the best poems I read in the recent times.

    ReplyDelete

Glad to have you here. It's your turn to share your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails