Sunday, March 02, 2014

100 Happy Days - Week 8

This week has felt exceptionally short what with one extra holiday thrown in. It has been a completely delightful one. I have exercised well, read, shopped, treated the kids, gone out with family and relaxed too.

Here's what made me smile this week

1. Gogappas!

Early in the week The Husband came home with a pack of golgappas. There's something about the smell of that tangy water that makes 'my mouth water', to use a cliche. I tucked in of course, though the thought continues to haunt me that he's trying to sabotage my diet.


2. The sound of wind chimes..

..from the neighbouring building while I read my book on a quiet afternoon. How soothing is that! A bit paradoxical isn't it - how a sound can add to the quietude?



3. Successfully performing orthopedic paeditric surgery

Nope I'm not a doc. Heh heh.. But here's Pony with a broken leg. That's N's doll. Recognised her? Yeah, earlier today she made a smashing debut on the blog. After hours of searching we found her missing limb and I had the good fortune of putting it back for her. How contagious was N's happiness!



4. Buying an identical T shirt

... but a size smaller! Yay! The weighing scales haven't moved much - just about a kg - but I have lost some inches and that makes me feel so good. The Husband's ploy's not working too well.. hee, hee! BTW, I get colour fixated at times - it's blue for now.



5. Waffles drowned in chocolate sauce

Check out that waffle in chocolate sauce. The kids and I went out for a late breakfast/brunch and this is what we ordered. I savoured every bite.. considering I had just a few.



6. .. being dragged to the gym by a dear friend

I'm not really a masochist and waking up early morning on a Saturday is just not me. However when a friend bulldozed me into it, it turned out to be more fun than I ever expected. And I exercised like hadn't done in a long long while. Thanks J.

7. Early morning drive and breakfast with family

The SIL and BIL dropped by with my two nieces and all of use drove off to this tiny joint deep in the old city for a wonderful South Indian breakfast today morning. It's one of those quaint places with just about four things on the menu and super fast service. The soft idlis and fluffy uttapams are to die for.



20 comments:

  1. Gosh!! Looking at the food pics made my mouth water!! :D
    and yay on one size smaller teeshirt!! Such a heady feeling na?! :)

    And congratulations Doctor on the successful surgery! :P

    Wind chimes are soothing na? I wish I had a place to hand one.. but with no balcony, I'm not sure where exactly I could hang one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just realised half my post is on food and exercise!! Perfect combination, isn't it?

      Delete
  2. Wow, those waffles are just mouth wateringly inviting! Lovely week here...wishing you more joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kajal. Those waffles were indeed sinfully delicious.

      Delete
  3. haha.. these are lovely.
    Have you considered there maybe a serial killer in the house since the doll was 'so brutally attacked' :D
    and in my life, ive never had to buy a shirt a size smaller :( like the universe, Im always expanding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roshan.. I have a fair idea who the serial killer is.. he's about 8 and lives with us.

      Delete
    2. LOL... no proof! Do you have finger prints, DNA, CCTv footage, eye witnesses... kuch bhi nahi hai !

      Delete
  4. Contrasting images to make you happy! Sound and silence, weight loss and indulging!
    Be happy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey you're right Deepak.. hadn't noticed that.

      Delete
  5. Wow! I have been thinking of getting a wind chime for the very same reason. :) And waffle and chocolate? Weren't you on a diet or something. Grr... My favourite breakfast. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am I am.. It's the kids who love all of this. I simply sample the stuff... hee hee!

      Delete
  6. Now let me at some of those waffles, Tulika! Looks delectable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-D they were Michelle. Worth every bite.

      Delete
  7. It's a bad decision to see your post with my favourites golgappas and idli now. I am drooling and suddenly I have a feeling that 'Maha di Daal' which has been cooked for dinner will not taste so great!!
    The wind chimes are so soothing ... love their sweet tinkling sound!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he Shilpa.. Freeze the daal and go get some golgappas instead.

      Delete
  8. The food looks wonderful, but my favourite part of your happiness is 'operation doll'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-D thanks Corinne. The things I have to do for the kids!!

      Delete
  9. Glad that the doll is back together! And one size smaller! Yay for you :D This happiness thing is infectious :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Somehow those fluffy idlis appeal to me more than the waffles, which is surprising since I'm a chocoholic!! Maybe it's to do with growing older :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. and J looks forward to every Saturday with a lot of zest now !!!! Will miss the coming Saturdays till you are back.

    ReplyDelete

Glad to have you here. It's your turn to share your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails