Monday, March 10, 2014

Happiness Update - Week 9

Here's last week's happiness update. I'm sure you guys know the drill by now so without much ado here's what made me happy.

1.The Husband coming back home after almost a week

Such happiness.. I do need my jousting partner around.

2.... laden with boxes of special Lakhnawi mithai..

There was a box ONLY for me with this...

That's Sohan halwa for the uninitiated. How I love love it but it has so much ghee that you can actually see a white layer when you bite into it. I was sent just two pieces so I don't overindulge. I swear the parents keep tabs on my weight from across hundreds of kms! Of course I refused to share.

3. A non birthday present from the sister

Aren't they gorgeous?

4. Becoming redundant bit by bit

This one is relief, pride, happiness all rolled into one. It's so great to watch the kids grow independent.




4. Chaste Urdu from an autowallah

This sure made my day. As I was handing out change to the autowallah 'Shukriya' said he in such perfect diction and so politely that I was transported back home right away. No offence against the local Marathi but no language in the world can parallel the sweetness, grace or the elegance of Urdu.

5. A late night cup of tea with The Husband.

This used to be a ritual before he joined the gym and started crashing with the kids. Now it's a rare thing to be cherished.

6. A big tight hug

Umm... nothing beats this.
The picture is an old one but the hug was just as warm

15 comments:

  1. Lovely moments...captured beautifully...and those ear drops are gorgeous. Sohan halwa, well i never really liked it because of that layer of ghee on it! :P Anyway, glad you enjoyed these moments

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know that's what most people say about the Sohan halwa.. but not me.. I don't go to the gym 5 days a week for no reason!!

      Delete
  2. Such happy moments. I especially LOVE the hugs. They are the best! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get plenty of those .. each just as wonderful!

      Delete
  3. The Sohan Halwa had to be SHARED!!! Listening to Urdu after a longish while is like a balm on the ears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a bite! And I finished BOTH by the next afternoon!

      Delete
  4. Awww..... just happy moments!!!... all these should be saved in a treasure chest so that we could hug them whenever we want... <3
    And loved the earrings. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I could do that Susan.. but then my blog is my treasure chest and I AM saving them up.

      Delete
  5. Love all the moments, Tulika! What a warm feeling that hug gives me, sitting so many miles away! And ooh,la, la! Beautiful earrings!! You go, girl. A cup of tea with the hubby... you're my kinda gal :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.. we're tea people.. anywhere, anytime.

      Delete
  6. All are such awww worthy happy moments!! :) The tea reminds me that I was so engrossed in writing my post that I forgot all about my evening tea,. Must rush the kitchen to have my mug! Seeing independent kids is such a proud and a happy moment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...such happy moments! I can totally understand what you must have felt on that 'Shukriya' :) I love the hugs picture so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your happiness posts! :)
    Makes me smile.. always!

    Those earrings are gorgeous and your kids are adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The lakhwani Mithai looks delicious!! Wish I could have some, and it looks like a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Glad to have you here. It's your turn to share your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails