- When a boat owners son grows up to be the Indian president he inspires me.
- When a boy who lost his father and had to rent out his musical instruments to survive at just 9 years, becomes a leading musician of the country he inspires me.
- When a young girl stands up to being gang raped by six men she inspires me.
- When a boy with a bad stammer grows up to be a super star he inspires me.
- When a young village girl scales Mount Everest she inspires me.
- When a cricketer combats cancer and gets back to the game he inspires me.
And there's inspiration closer home too..
- The working mum who comes home to housework and homework day after day inspires me
- My cook who's on her feet 10 hours a day so she can put her son in boarding school inspires me
- That little boy who's a quarter my age yet offers to help me with my vegetable bag inspires me
- The paraplegic old man who goes to buy his own bread and eggs each morning in his wheel chair inspires me
- My daughter who hugs me even when I'm yelling at her inspires me.
There's inspiration all around us. People who struggle, persevere and hang on for the sake of a dream, for the sake of their families, for the sake of their principles... amazing people all around. All we need to do is stop and look.
Linking to Write Tribe Festival of Words.
Labels: inspiration, Write Tribe. Festival of Words