Thursday, March 06, 2014

What inspires me

- When a boat owners son grows up to be the Indian president he inspires me.
- When a boy who lost his father and had to rent out his musical instruments to survive at just 9 years, becomes a leading musician of the country he inspires me.
- When a young girl stands up to being gang raped by six men she inspires me.
- When a boy with a bad stammer grows up to be a super star he inspires me.
- When a young village girl scales Mount Everest she inspires me.
- When a cricketer combats cancer and gets back to the game he inspires me.

And there's inspiration closer home too..

- The working mum who comes home to housework and homework day after day inspires me
- My cook who's on her feet 10 hours a day so she can put her son in boarding school inspires me
- That little boy who's a quarter my age yet offers to help me with my vegetable bag inspires me
- The paraplegic old man who goes to buy his own bread and eggs each morning in his wheel chair inspires me
- My daughter who hugs me even when I'm yelling at her inspires me.

There's inspiration all around us. People who struggle, persevere and hang on for the sake of a dream, for the sake of their families, for the sake of their principles... amazing people all around. All we need to do is stop and look.
**********
Linking to  Write Tribe Festival of Words



I'm taking part in the Write Tribe Festival of Words -3

13 comments:

  1. You're absolutely right - inspiration all around us. But mostly we look and don't see. And missed some opportunities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've correctly mentioned that we have various sources of inspiration around us...the need is to keep our hearts open for them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice write up. You are right, there are people in our everyday life who inspire us but we don't realise it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today has been a beautiful day with so many inspiring posts doing the rounds. Your post is a wonderful summation of all things that inspire us! Superb Tulika :) m all smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right Tulika, all we need to do is stop and look around to see inspiring people, awesome post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is true, we can find inspiration anywhere :0) Brilliant post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So true.
    I too wrote on the same theme of inspiration being around us :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah.. so true!!
    I also wrote about the inspiration I find around me in everyday life :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Exactly! I also wrote on similar lines. Every inspirations. These get us through the day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every word is true... if we just open our eyes and look around, we will find inspiration everywhere. Great post, very well written

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the way you treasure small things and the people who keep inspiring us. It can be anyone:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a brilliant post Tulika !!!! Hats off .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can completely relate to all of the above, especially the last one. Crisp and neat post, Tulika. As always :)

    ReplyDelete

Glad to have you here. It's your turn to share your thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails