1. You whip out phone to click a picture and you see your own eager-beaver face because it's always turned onto selfie mode.
2. Music suddenly becomes a big deal - a very loud deal. Everything from tukur tukur to What makes you beautiful is sung all the while.
3. Your house smells gorgeous because the kids have just had a deo war - the 'if you spray mine I'll spray yours' kind of war. (Aunts please to take note: This is what happens when you gift things despite me expressly forbidding it).
4. Your daughter walks out wearing a most winsome smile till you see she's also wearing your favourite stole. Apparently 'Jo tera hai woh mera hai'.
5. The demands for studs and stilettos begins to raise their ugly head.
6. Your son roams around with wet hair all day as he tries to style them into spikes and you have the unenviable task of telling him they will flop down back once they dry up and No he isn't allowed gel for many many years yet.
7. On a similar note you also add - no makeup kits, no heels, no phones and no pocket money just yet either.
8. You resign yourself to the dangers of walking out in mismatching earrings or wearing a shrug inside out rather than wade through two kids to get to the mirror for a peek at yourself.
9. The 'dude' and the OMGs in the conversation go up exponentially.
10. The conversation sounds more and more like some kind of indecipherable code from a James Bond movie. 'Meet me at the SS', she says to her friend (That's 'Skating Spot' in case you wondered).
Labels: growing up, kids, listicle, Tweens